The Alpha Program: Workout #5
We try to make all of our workouts doable from the gym or home. This workout requires very minimal equipment, just a dumbbell (we used 70lb), a kettlebell (we used 80lb), 45lb plate, and a rower. The rowing portion of this workout can be supplemented with running if you don't have access to a rower.
This workout was designed to strengthen your lower body, enhance your cardiovascular endurance, and improve your stability. Training your body around these principles will create a deadly combination of physical strengths to help improve your success in the backcountry.
Start your stopwatch.
4 rounds for time:
- 15 goblet squats
- 20 overhead walking lunges
- 15 burpees
- 20 kettlebell deadlifts
- 500 meter row
SCORE = TOTAL TIME
- 70lb/50lb dumbbell for goblet squats
- 80lb/55lb kettlebell for deadlifts
- 45lb/25lb plate for overhead lunges
- 500m meter row can be supplemented with a 400m run